Sunday, December 6, 2015

Mommy Dearest and my Darling Duo

Hi All,
    So as Drea mentioned Im not new to this mommy gig, however... that doesnt mean I dont have rookie tendencies! I have two gorgeous boys. Aiden is 8 now (insert many many tears for his babyhood past), and Owen has crossed the two month threshold (insert tears because babyhood is a maddening emotional rollercoaster).
    I married my amazing husband Chris when Aiden was just 5 years old and now our family is complete with the addition of baby Owen. One thing I have over these other awesome mommies here is age- er, uh, I mean the wisdom of a MUCH older mommy. I am 42 years old. eeek, that sounds HORRIBLE, but I am blessed to have a second go around at this marriage and new mommy deal.  Im healthy and have stayed off wrinkles so I guess age is just a number. - remind me of that fact when Im rubbing elbows with moms half my age when Owen gets into Kindergarten!
    My former life as a new mommy to Aiden was completely different than this one. I was left by my husband of 10 years while I was pregnant with him so I raised Aiden completely alone 2 thousand miles from my family. This time around I have a loving husband, an older child, and a mom and dad that pop in the back door several times a week.  It's taking a lot of adjustment but I look forward to this journey with my love at my side. (and of course I look forward to the crazy ride with my girls here and their gorgeous babies!)

3 comments:

  1. so glad to be on the ride with you....and you're not old...shut up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things always have a way of getting better. Love all the differences and similarities in our stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things always have a way of getting better. Love all the differences and similarities in our stories

    ReplyDelete