Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A little faith goes a long way

Everyone who knows me knows I have struggled with menstrual problems since I was 10 years of age.  In my early twenties, it was discovered that I had PCOS.  Its a female disorder where my hormones are inbalanced and it causes my body to produce male hormones.  There are lots of symptoms and side effects. It caused me to retain more weight.  I was prescribed Metformin for my PCOS.  I was also put on birth control pills to help regulate my periods.  However, I am very sensitive to the hormones and I would get sick with headaches and nausea.  I got tired of taking pills, so one day I decided no more birth control pills.  I was married to my first husband and I had been having some soreness in my breasts.  I went shopping with some friends one night and i explained to them my soreness.  They jokingly suggested I was pregnant.  I told them there was no way.  So we went to KMart.  Someone had mistakenly marked the E.P.T. double stick pack for 1.99.  So I pulled the price and got a box and asked them to sell to me for that price.  Because it was their fault, i was able to purchase at that price. When we got back to my friend's house, I attempted to do the first test.  I dropped it in the toilet.  It took me 3 hours several cups of kool-aid and other beverages to finally do the second test and it came out positive.  It was an awesome feeling.

My pregnancy was a breeze. I craved nothing but healthy things.  I was induced at 38 weeks and did not progess.  They did an emergency C-section because my baby's heart rate would drop every time I got a contraction.  That was one of the happiest days of my life.


Unfortunately, things didnt work out with my first husband.


When my current husband and I got together, I felt so awful because I wanted to give him a child. He kept telling me that we would have a child when God was ready to give us one.


In the meantime, I decided it was time to ditch the weight and get healthy.  I started on Herbalife.  I lost 35 pounds .  In January of this year, I knew something was going on because after being put on medication to regulate my hormones, I no longer had menstrual problems.  I was a week late and I didnt want to get my hopes up.  After about 2 1/2 weeks, I went and bought some pregnancy tests and did them without my husband knowing. IT WAS POSITIVE.  The only drawback...this time around I have diabetes.  My pregnancy was so horrible emotionally.  I didnt have any complications.  But the thought of having to inject myself with Insulin was awful.  But as a mother, we do anything and everything for our kids. I just wanted my baby to be healthy.  Everything went off without a hitch.  Until 36 weeks and my little girl was already weighing 7 pounds.  The doctor decided that even though they had very tight control on my insulin, the baby had still gained a lot of weight. They scheduled my C-section. I was terrified. My husband was terrified.  But we were ready for my little baby.

I am elated.  We have never been happier.  We have our two little girls and they are both precious.  Rosita brought something to our lives that we didnt even know we were missing.  I am over the moon in love with my life right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment