Tuesday, December 8, 2015

mic check, mic check , 1-2-1-2


I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Kasey and I'm 27. I met my husband of 4 years when we were 18. I graduated from Texas Tech University and went on to become a special education Pre- K teacher. I pride myself in being an amateur iphone photographer, netflix binger, and cheap wine enthusiast.

I come from a relatively big family, 3 brothers and 1 sister. My siblings are some of my best friends and the love and protection I feel for them can only be described as fierce.  I think being a big sister played a big role in my desire to to become a mom, and also an OCD control freak.





My life before baby could pretty much be summed up in one word- CrossFit. When I wasn't at work, I was either working out or coaching. My husband does it, and most of our friends do it, so it's safe to say that it was (and still is) a big part of our lives. 




I continued to crossfit throughout my entire pregnancy, up until the week of my induction! I'll save all the details for a later post, but being active during my pregnancy was definitely one of the best decision I've made... although some definitely did not agree!



I'm currently 10 weeks post-partum and I'm still trying to balance my job, time with my babe, and making it to the gym 
I should note that it is still extremely difficult for me to look at these pictures of my old self, with her muscle definition, clothes that fit, who probably showered recently, and ac decent mile time, with out crying. But that's another post for another day.

Thank you so much for reading and I'm excited to share this journey with y'all!
I'll leave you with some pictures of my adorable babe.







3 comments: