Saturday, December 12, 2015

heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Dréa!!!

Glad to meet you, I hope you know my name.



By now I hope you’ve met my lovely friends Felicia, Kasey and Nancy.
If you haven’t yet, please, check out their intro blogs and find out about them.
In the days that come, I know you’ll be entertained and moved by their stories. I am constantly smiling when I talk with them; even on the bad days.


That leaves me, Dréa.

  I wasn’t going to do an intro as most of my followers know me from writing and facebook, but I realized that the ladies will be bringing in fresh faces that might wonder who this nut cake is.
I’m a writer and hobby blogger.  As Dréa Riley I spin comedic tales of romance, sex and shenanigans.  Riley is the nom de plume that most embodies who I am outside of writing.


But some of you know me as plan old Andrea Brickey (nee Compton) from little old Hale Center, Texas (just about half way between Lubbock and Amarillo on i-27).  A small town girl who moved on.
My husband is Big CWB and our little chunk of fun is little CWB aka Cannon Wynn.



Most people who know me would say I’m a contradiction of terms wrapped up in a package of crazy.  A true Sagittarius who just happens to be an introvert with an aversion to large crowds (large being more than 2 or 3 people).  A free spirit with traditionalist tendencies. A shenaniganator if ever one existed.  I’m different that the other ladies. I lean a little left in my beliefs and I’m vocal about it. I also curse/cuss like a !#%$@^%$&^%*U*&(&*)OE%^%# sailor.  My thoughts/blogs  will more than likely run on the extreme “you ain’t gone believe this sh¡t “ side.  I just have a flare for the dramatic. You’ll like it.








         Big CWB and I have been together for just over 15 years and married for ten of those (almost…we’ll celebrate that milestone on 1-14-16). 






Our journey to baby started with one of us absolutely not wanting to kids and has encompassed several near misses and losses as well as the raising of Godchildren.  It was an often silent journey with only those closest to us (and a few hundred social media friends who learned to read between the lines) ever knowing we were even on the path.



And as the age old cliché goes, it was when we quit trying that we hit the jack pot.  Truly said, “Yeah, were done. “  At 34 and 35 we had spent the better part of 8 years trying to have a baby.  We’d  tried it all.  Various positions and timing. Meditation.  Pills for me. Pills for him. Abstinence and Sex-cations. Insemination.  Sperm Donors. Even Adoption.


We’d finally come to a point in our lives where this was it. No more trying. No more spending money. We’d decided that we’d go through 2015 not trying, but not preventing and if at the end of this year there was no baby then there would be no babies.  That conversation happened in the summer of 2014. By the fall of  last year I was living la vida loca, not realizing that our destiny was about to show itself. 

Lots of crazy miraculous things fell into place.  I wont go into all the details but you know how it ends or this blog wouldn’t exist.

So that’s me. Wife.  Writer. Sh!t starter. Mom.

2 comments: