Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A romantic beginning

Last night, as I wrote my introduction, I thought back to how and when my husband and I met.  It is a very amusing story.  I had been out of a difficult relationship a little over a year. I was not looking for a serious relationship.  I went out dancing one night, and everyone else was getting invitations to dance but me.  I was feeling a little down.  I looked up and saw this long haired guy winking at me and blowing me kisses.  I looked around thinking that maybe he was meaning his winks and kisses for someone else.  Nope, I was the lucky one.  He spent the whole night making goo goo eyes at me and when he finally attempted to ask me to dance, someone beat him to the punch.  He sat watching me dance with someone else with pouted lips and very upset.  When he finally got his chance, we talked, we danced,  and he asked me for my number.  We had a whirlwind romance.  after only about a month of knowing each other, he called me one day and said, "I am coming over."  I responded by telling him to come over.  He responded by saying, "if I go over, I am taking all my luggage."  My response was, "ok."  He then preceded to explain that if he came over with all his luggage, he was never leaving.  To this day, he has never left.  Our relationship was not easy and we have struggled quite a bit.  But through it all, our faith never faltered.  Our love grew ever stronger.  We are not perfect, because the ladies and I have had our discussions of how crazy our husbands make us, and how we would like to choke them.  But we never give up.  For me, my family is my all. 

3 comments: