Tuesday, December 1, 2015

And So It Begins...Meet the Mommies and Cannon's Crew

                               Bitchin’ ‘Bout Babies



My name is Dréa… Most of you know me as Dréa Riley author of erotic romance and shenanigantor extraordinaire.

The last year of my life has been devoted to one thing—the gestation and birth of our first born son, Cannon Wynn.
I said from almost the moment that I knew I was pregnant that I would blog the journey, but between the intense puking that lasted all ten (10) months and the radical switch from complete insomniac to “oh my gawd, should we get her a bed pan and a catheter because she is still asleep?” I was lucky to be able to tweet and fb my journey.


I had the bright idea to write letters to my little bundle and maybe create a book through his first year, I’m still working on that. Along the way a trusted friend said “Dréa, you need to blog about it now so that when the book is ready people already know and are anticipating it.”
That’s sound and smart advice. I’m just now getting around to it, but I was smart enough to know that I have a lot of blogs that I tend to forget about until that one stunning moment when I need them.  So I gathered reinforcements.  Three other moms who are eger to share their journeys.  Three women whom I love and adore who just happened to go through pregnancy at exactly the same time as me (the holidays were a busy time in ’14 apparently).




Felicia  
and I grew up in the same small town and have known each other practically our entire lives. She is the mother of Mia(9) and baby Rosita
. I hope Mia doesn’t tell her sister how I once dropped her (Mia) or how she once got stuck between the cushions of my couch.






Kasey  
 (my little Kasey) and I met at a job we both loved and hated. The entire crew thought they were older than me (I’m passing on baby face genes here). Kasey, like me, is a first time mom.  Baby Isla
 is my son’s bff (hey as mom’s we have the power to decide these things …for now).






Nancy

 is my cover artist. Well, I mean ok here is the deal…She doesn’t lose her mind when she has to guess what needs to be on the cover of my books. She can practically make them herself without any input from me. Which is basically what she does( I know …I know I suck but Nance gets me, thus she is MY artist *insert big ole grin and then a duck and run*) Her sons are Aiden(7) and Baby Owen  
(whom I just know is going to be some sort of artist).

And then there is me and I am Cannon’s mom. 


 He is already a rock star and he can’t wait for you to meet his crew!



Two of us are first time mothers. Two of us are stay at home wives and artists. Two of us have older children and all of us are slightly crazy and completely consumed with motherhood.


For us, this is the ride of a lifetime. We hope you join us and share our wonderment and shenanigans along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read y'all journeys of motherhood. Will be quite a ride.

    ReplyDelete