Friday, January 8, 2016

Time goes so fast

I am sure most moms or parents would agree that time goes by so fast.  We spend 9-10 months growing our precious little babies inside our wombs.  Before we know it, our children are born.  They start rolling over on their own.  There are so many milestones they reach in the first year.  It is so hard to keep up. In the blink of an eye, they are six months old.  I commented to someone the other day how life moves so slowly when you are a kid.  You want so bad to be a teenager.  Then, of course, you want so badly to become of age to drink or at least be eighteen so you can move out or go to college.  Little do kids think that they need to enjoy their childhood and enjoy not having to be an adult and do adult things every day.  Kids these days grow too fast and I just want my babies to stay little.  My oldest daughter is 9 going on 21.  I love her to death, but she just thinks she doesnt need permission from anyone for anything anymore.  I struggle to remind her that she is still a child and she still needs her parents.  My almost 4 month old seems she is just as independent as my oldest.  My most dreaded day was when she decided she no longer wanted to nurse.  The milk flows freely and fast from a bottle.  But nursing takes time and work.  I still pump so that she can have her liquid gold in her bottle.  But it doesnt change the fact that my baby and I cant bond over breastfeeding anymore.  However, it seems at times that she needs more affection from me now that she is not nursing.  Is it wrong to want her to stay a baby and never grow up?  Is it wrong to long for Mia to return to those days when she needed me and only me?  I dont look forward to the day they graduate from school or get married.  I do, however, look forward to being a wonderful grandmother to my future grandchildren.  Life is so hard and sometimes we make it harder. I dont want my kids to suffer or have to deal with hard things in life.  But, I know that is what makes us, forms us, and helps us to become the strong willed adults that we are.  I just wish I could slow time down...

1 comment:

  1. Oh how much they grow and change in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete